I am a product
of reverse colonisation disorder
a rainbow refugee
in places of my choice
giving thanks for the freedom
of an EU passport
the gifts
of a talent for languages
the solidity
of my parents' teaching
that trying to be like everyone else
is not something we're into.
I said it once before
life on Earth is a lottery
much of your life or death decided at birth
and I know
I was born with a golden ticket:
favourable circumstances and great potential,
I pray each day for the inner strength to put them to good use.
My identity
is the people I have loved and the lessons I have learnt
the cultures I have lived and the songs I have heard.
My journey is my identity
I am shaped every day;
and I am God's
so the World is my oyster,
and Heaven is my final destination.
Sunday, January 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment